Retailers are the frontlines of the industry. You are the relentless, the revolutionary, and the resilient. So it only makes sense that Cultivate is the place where you not only discover great new products but where you get connected to other retailers and suppliers who will do more for your success.
JOIN THE RETAIL COMMUNITY FOR THESE RETAIL-ONLY OPPORTUNITIES:
Retailers' Choice Awards | Sunday, July 16 and Monday, July 17
You're invited to participate in the Retailer's Choice Awards, a partnership with the Garden Center Group. Join Sid Raisch, Danny Summers, and other garden retailers to search the trade show floor for this year's best plants and products. You meet at the beginning of the show's first day to receive instructions and then work the show at your own pace. Then participants meet at the end of the first day to share finds. You share yours and then you hear what everyone else has found (this is the great benefit for you). Sid and Danny take care of the rest, but this gives you a chance to see all the things you missed (and others found) the next day! Sign up to participate here.
Retail Merchandising Contest | Monday, July 17, 3 p.m.
Think you can merchandise anything and get it to sell? Try your skills out against other garden retail professionals as you compete within a certain amount of time to merchandise and price the same plant material. Displays will be judged by non-industry folks. The winner is the display who makes the most money by "selling" their products to the judges. It's a great and fun way to push your skills, gather ideas from others, and see how an average consumer responds to your display strategy. To participate, email Lauren Snyder by June 10.
100+ Sessions - Relevant, Important, and Trending
Sessions are still being finalized, but in the meantime, familiarize yourself with the key topics below. NEW THIS YEAR: we'll tag finalized sessions so that you know what fits best with your experience — fundamental, intermediate, and progressive.
TURNKEY STRATEGIES FOR POWERFUL MERCHANDISING
Merchandising isn't simply a key to success; it's a necessity for success. You and your team have worked hard to keep those plants beautiful and have scoured the catalogs for the best products. Show them off! Topics include:
- Plant-based merchandising
- Seeing your retail through the eyes of your shopper
- Retail makeover tricks - giving your space a fresh look
- Using merchandising to maximize dollars per square foot
WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER WITH BETTER TECHNOLOGY
Whether you're looking to upgrade or just make the tech you have already work for you better, technology holds the key to happier plants, more customers, engaged customers, and smarter inventory management. Topics include:
- Shopping for a POS system - the good, the bad, and the just plain ugly.
- Making your current POS system work for you
- Smarter inventory tracking
- Selling online and developing e-commerce for your business
MAKING CENTS OF IT ALL - THE DOLLARS & CENTS OF A RETAIL BUSINESS
The cash flow of a retail business can take years to master, and there are always curveballs. Drill down into basic financial strategies that will help you make smarter decisions that lead to a better bottom line. Topics include:
- Understanding and increasing the true value of your products
- Pricing your products at true cost
- Training staff on the true cost of business operations
MARKETING STRATEGIES WITH REAL ROI
Marketing takes time and money, so your return on that valuable investment should be measurable and impactful. See marketing as more than words and pictures and start seeing results. Topics include:
- Marketing within a limited budget
- Paying to play when it comes to social media
- Telling the real story of your business
GOOD BUSINESS IS EVERYONE'S BUSINESS
Sessions and topics that relate to how we do business as individuals and within the supply chain. Topics include:
- Human resources: finding labor; hiring, firing, and retaining; new regulations and changes
- Creating good culture: navigating the family business; making employees want to stay; succession planning
- State of the industry: updates, supply chain challenges, and women in horticulture